The GCMR Chat Room
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The GCMR Chat Room

Remote Control Racing

You are not connected. Please login or register

traxxas truck

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1traxxas truck Empty traxxas truck Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:20 pm

rc10t

every body watch out Dales truck is right ,had to put another radio in it ,I dont think traxxas stuff is as good as it could be . talk later

http://thegcmr.com

2traxxas truck Empty Re: traxxas truck Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:32 pm

Cash Slash

I just ordered the new VW body for by Slash can't wait to get it and paint it up

3traxxas truck Empty Slash 12t Stock Motor Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:26 pm

Cash Slash

I found out why my Slash was moving so slow at the race on July 26th. I was blaming low batteries but after tearing it down I found the bearing or the shaft on the pinon shaft side has a bunch of play in it. So in other words the 12t is shot. I haven't looked close enough to see if you can get the motor apart but at first glance it looks like it's a sealed housing. Has anyone ever taken one apart? I saw Rob and Frank had a pile of these dead motors down at RC Hobbies and Frank couldn't believe mine has ran as long as it has. Is it this bearing that's going bad in the others? I cleaned with spray and oiled after each race so it was well maintained. If this bearing is the problem most of the time then Traxxas needs to revamp the design. So hit the site here with your input so we all can get an idea on the 12t problems and cures. The 12T ran well and I liked its power. Traxxas quality control can cure the problem if it's the same component going bad.

4traxxas truck Empty Re: traxxas truck Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:45 am

Rusty26241

Rusty26241

Cash Slash wrote:I found out why my Slash was moving so slow at the race on July 26th. I was blaming low batteries but after tearing it down I found the bearing or the shaft on the pinon shaft side has a bunch of play in it. So in other words the 12t is shot. I haven't looked close enough to see if you can get the motor apart but at first glance it looks like it's a sealed housing. Has anyone ever taken one apart? I saw Rob and Frank had a pile of these dead motors down at RC Hobbies and Frank couldn't believe mine has ran as long as it has. Is it this bearing that's going bad in the others? I cleaned with spray and oiled after each race so it was well maintained. If this bearing is the problem most of the time then Traxxas needs to revamp the design. So hit the site here with your input so we all can get an idea on the 12t problems and cures. The 12T ran well and I liked its power. Traxxas quality control can cure the problem if it's the same component going bad.

Those motors are not able to be re-built. They have bushings at each end and if you are oiling after each run you have done all you can. They are not high quality motors to begin with, they are basically throw away motors. Order a new one and race on!! Smile

5traxxas truck Empty Re: traxxas truck Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:14 pm

Cash Slash

Yes I agree theres no bearings just brass bushings on both ends. Had to go to Fairmont and on my way back I swung by the Hoppy Stop in Clarksburg during lunch. Dave said they probably buy them dirt cheap - basicly said the same thing you did. I put a 17t in the Slash and it's came back to life.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum