The GCMR Chat Room
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The GCMR Chat Room

Remote Control Racing

You are not connected. Please login or register

May 23rd Race

+2
Rusty26241
closenson
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1May 23rd Race Empty May 23rd Race Mon May 24, 2010 6:17 pm

closenson

Hey Guys wasnt that a bunch of fun yesterday. Good racing especially for the conditions we had as far as weather. You couldnt ask for a better group of guys to race with. Congrats Travis and Ralph on your wins. I will be there hopefully next race and with two weeks to prep hopefully ready to race. Thanks Everyone for making this thing a success

2May 23rd Race Empty Re: May 23rd Race Thu May 27, 2010 5:15 pm

Rusty26241

Rusty26241

Hey guys, first time I've had a chance to post this week. It was a pretty good time Sunday, but some people need to learn to slow down and control their trucks. I understand rubbing is racing, I've bumped a few myself. But, someone jumping the divider pipe and slamming into someone else is a bit extreme. Wide open is not the only way these trucks will run, they have speed controllers on them for a reason. My truck got creamed twice Sunday, both times resulting in broken parts. I'll get it fixed for the next race, but if people don't learn to control their trucks, I will not keep racing.

Sorry if I ticked anyone off, but this is how I feel. I cannot afford to race on Sunday and replace on Monday.

3May 23rd Race Empty May 23rd race Fri May 28, 2010 11:51 am

rc10t

I agree with you ,these trucks dont have to be run wide open all the time , if the rough driving continues this just going to dicourge everyone from wanting to race ,it gets expensieve when you have to replace parts all the time .I dont drive perfect and I have been wreacked and I have bumped into several ,but I have never hacked anyone on purpose. I think before the next race we need to have a drivers meeting and get everyone to understand that anything that looks like intentional rough driving will not be tolrated ,mabey we need to have two classes of short couerse trucks,like short course and pro short course ,this would be better than haveing a b main ,this way everybody gets to race and nobody sets out ,I think if a person pays $10.00 to race then they should get to race the full set and not miss a race .I agree with you Levi these things are expensive and the rough and crazy driving has to stop .This is a fun way to spend Sunday afternoon and enjoy this great hobbie ,Thanks guys Ralph

http://thegcmr.com

4May 23rd Race Empty Re: May 23rd Race Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:19 pm

wtcarter

wtcarter

X3 I have never and will never crash someone on purpose. I love this sport for the fun of it, and crashing others/tearing stuff up is not the intention! If I feel that anyone ever hits me on purpose....prepare to get hit back!!!! Shocked

5May 23rd Race Empty Re: May 23rd Race Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:29 pm

dustman

I agree with you all as well. I have bumped and have been bumped but I have never intentionally slammed into someone. These things can get expensive to fix and they are hard enough to keep together without someone slamming into ya. I just enjoy the sport and am glad that Adam and Dave got me into it. As for two classes how would we determine the classes? Good racing with you all and I'm looking forward to next race.

6May 23rd Race Empty Re: May 23rd Race Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:49 pm

Cash Slash

Two classes are not needed - That doesn't cure anything - You would have to put crashers in one class and then what is left in the other....I'm not going to point a finger at anyone because that would start a war....Were all a bunch of good guys out to have a good time....So heres a simple cure everyone drive clean and everyone must have the understanding that crap happens-Last year when we started theses races many of us had only run in the yard....I saw all of us mature and became racers - I'm sure by the end of this season we will see the same. Theres more speed this year with the brushless systems compared to brushed...LIPO versus NIMH batteries. But theres not that big of a speed difference. Lets just race and have a goodtime....I'm done see everyone Sunday.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum